We got to Denver yesterday afternoon. The house looks great! It was really interesting discovering some of the things we couldn’t have caught from just the pictures. Some highlights:
- Old house = very narrow doorways. This could be interesting when the movers arrive.
- It’s a good thing we didn’t get a real SUV…parking the Outback in the 1 car garage looks to be an acquired skill.
- Who needs closets??? Apparently not us!
- There are bugs in Denver the size of a fist which disguise themselves as dead leaves (pictures to come!)
After an emergency trip to Super Target for the essentials (toilet paper, etc.) the feeling of “Hmmmm, what now?” really set in. We have to wait a few days before our stuff gets delivered, so we set about discovering our new city via our stomachs.
We headed to Hops & Pie for pizza and beer – two things we (former) Chicagoans take quite seriously. This place definitely did not disappoint! The staff was quick with a great beer recommendation (for Mike) and threw in a free dessert to welcome us to Denver (for Meg and baby…and mostly for Mike)!
- Hops & pIePA – Strange Brewing, Denver (Hops & Pie has this beer made specially for them, then does a secondary dry-hopping as the beer goes from the keg to the tap – very cool and something I had never seen before!)
- Rugbrod – The Bruery, Seal Beach, CA (malty but very pleasant and went very well with the mozz, onion and garlic NY-style pie!)
We also snuck in a quick trip to Patrick Carroll’s for some skeeball and Big Buck Hunter!
Ok, that’s it for now. An extremely lengthy to-do list beckons!